My Elec Group Ltd
Terms and Conditions for Website use
These terms and conditions are provided by My Elec Group Limited. County End Business Centre, Unit 7b Jackson Street, Springhead, Oldham OL4 4TZ. Our main switchboard number 0800 999 8009.
1. An instruction to carry out work, whether written or verbal will be taken as acceptance of the terms and conditions detailed below.
2. An estimate is given as an approximate price calculated with all reasonable care by use of available and visible information obtained at the time of the quotation, it will be given where an exact price is impossible to give due to lack of information or inaccessible installations.
3. A quotation is an offer to complete the work specified at the price given, any further work requested by the client will be accepted via new quotation or an updated quotation as agreed by the client and My Elec Group Ltd.
4. All work carries a 2-year labour Guarantee against defective workmanship. All materials such as electronic equipment, luminaries and all forms of accessories which carry a manufacturer’s warranty will be subject to that warranty. My Elec Group Ltd will accept no responsibility for defects introduced by tampering or alterations made to the electrical installation after the completion of the works.
5. Prices do not include any charges made by the electricity supply authority (DNO) unless otherwise stated.
6. Variations to the quote, or additional work required will be detailed by the client in writing as soon as possible to enable an updated quotation/estimate to be agreed upon by the client and My Elec Group Ltd.
7. Emergency work will be agreed between the client and My Elec Group Ltd prior to work being carried out. Should urgent work be required, and the client is not available, My Elec Group Ltd will endeavour to carry out the work using the safest and most cost-effective solution to the client unless expressly forbidden beforehand. This work will be chargeable to the client at our current standard rates. This may result in certain circuits being isolated until a safe and cost-effective solution be found to the problem.
8. All work will be carried out by suitably qualified engineers and will comply with all relevant and current British Standards alongside other applicable regulations.
9. All work will be ‘made good’ by My Elec Group Ltd; this is limited to re-fitment of Ceiling tiles, Commercial floating floors, Domestic floors boarding but does not include re-decoration, plastering or commercial fire stops unless stated in the estimate/quotation.
10. All electrical materials and accessories will remain the property of My Elec Group Ltd until final payment is received. Registered Address: County End Business Centre, Unit 7b Jackson Street, Springhead, Oldham OL4 4TZ Company Number: 10481335
11. Equipment and accessories supplied by the client. My Elec Group Ltd reserves the right to refuse to fit sub-standard, non-compliant accessories or equipment supplied by the client. Quotes and estimates tendered by the company are based on the fitting of standard electrical accessories. Accessories that require excessive preparation, modification or nonstandard fitment may incur extra cost to the client. Any additional work needed after completion due to faulty materials (supplied by the client) will be charged directly to the client.
12. Whilst undertaking testing works and periodic inspections, it is the responsibility of the client to organise disconnect of all sensitive equipment from the mains which may be damaged by high test voltages, this may include computers, telephones, charging equipment and kitchen appliances. You must inform My Elec Group Ltd if you suspect that any PIR outside lighting equipment may be connected to the socket ring main.
13. Billing. For work and estimated contracted period of more than one month, My Elec Group Ltd will invoice clients on a two-weekly period for materials and labour costs. All invoices will have a payment request for payment in full to be made within 28 days from the invoice date or satisfactory completion. Payments are required by bank transfer as checks are subject to a £30.00 plus vat admin charge due to Labour and parking charges taking check to bank. Bank Details are listed on each invoice. All invoices and quotations are subject to VAT at current rate.
14. Waste removal. Unless stated for or agreed in a quotation waste of any kind will be placed in area requested by client but will not be removed from site. An extra cost will be charged if My Elec Group Ltd are instructed by the customer to remove the waste at any point from start to finish of the agreed works.
15. Access equipment supplied by the client (Ladders, Mewp’s and Scaffold) must be of good condition and be capable of being used in the required environment. No allowance for electrical supplies to light or recharge electrical equipment such as Mewp’s, nor do we carry out re-fuelling of Mewp’s unless this has been allowed for in any estimates or quotation, or unless specifically categorised or listed prior to start of works, if required this would be an extra cost to the client.
16. Complaints. Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a NICEIC Member we suggest you use their services for dispute resolution as they are there to protect the customer. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact NICEIC in the first instance on 0333 015 6625.
17. My Elec Group Ltd are not responsible for any materials onsite that maybe stolen or removed at any point through the installation due to the site (works address) NOT being secure for any reason. Regarding loss of materials My Elec Group Ltd liability tradesman’s insurance will not cover any losses due to client.
18 My Elec Group Ltd Carries P&L Policy with Employers Liability with an indemnity limit of £10,000,000 and a Public Liability with an indemnity limit of £5,000,000, if you require a copy, it is available on written request.